If you’ve owned a home for any length of time, then you likely already know how important it is to keep the maintenance up to date. Admittedly, there are some things that may be able to sit on the back burner…at least for a while. But if you’re in the process of putting your home on the market, there are five must-do items that cannot be neglected.
- Keeping the yard clean and well landscaped. A home with nice curb appeal will be much more attractive to potential purchasers than one that has unkempt bushes and lawn. Attention to detail outside also tells buyers that the interior of the home has been well cared for, too.
- Cleaning out the gutters. Keeping gutters clean can help to ensure that leaks are kept at bay, and that water doesn’t overflow in and around the foundation.
- Washing all of the windows. Squeaky clean windows can also be a sign that your home is well maintained, both inside and out.
- Ensuring that the HVAC system is in good working order. One of the primary systems in your home is the HVAC…and it is also one that can be the most expensive to repair if or when it breaks. Making sure that this system is in good working order, then, can be a plus for potential buyers.
- Making it look like you’re still living there. Even if you have already moved on, it is important to make your property appear as if you still live there. Doing so can include changing seasonal decorations and picking up any newspapers or flyers that may have been left in the yard or mailbox.
If you’re considering the sale of your home, we can work with you on getting – and keeping – it in tip top shape so that it attracts the right buyers in the least amount of time. Contact Us for more details on how to sell your home fast.