Don’t make a commitment without following these tips!
If you are considering the purchase of your first home, it is possible that you are going through a wide range of emotions, including excitement, fear, apprehension, confusion, and complete elation that a big dream of yours is about to come true.
Just like most anything else, though, prior to moving forward with a home purchase, it is wise to learn both the “do’s” and “don’ts” from others who have gone before you. So, here are some important tips from other first-time home buyers on what they wish they knew before making a long-term commitment:
- Don’t overpay for a home based on emotion or competition (i.e., know when to stop if a home you are interested in goes to a bidding war)
- Always get a home inspection – regardless of how structurally sound and beautiful a home may be
- Obtain a pre-approval from an experienced and reputable lender
- Keep all contract deadlines in mind
- Have ample funds available for a down payment
- Be ready to provide documentation on income, assets, and other current loan obligations
- Work with an experienced real estate professional who can assist you with negotiations
Any time you go through a process that is new to you, it is recommended that you work with an expert who can guide you along the way. So, if you’re considering buying a home for the very first time, we can help.
Give us a call at 301-502-6190 and let’s set up a time to talk. We’ll walk you through the new home buying process so that you know what to anticipate going forward. We will also assist you with narrowing down the ideal home for you, based on your specific needs, as well as any of the other amenities that you are seeking.